A bit of news: You all know the first book in my paranormal series, BLOOD MAGIC comes out February 24th, but now I have a title and release for the second book. The title is SOUL MAGIC and it will be out November 2009. Pretty cool!
SOUL MAGIC is due in a week. One week from today. I have it fully drafted and I’m editing and polishing until my eyes bleed and my brain cramps. (Do you think my editor will notice if I’m a little over my word count? Just a few thousand words? Okay ten thousand?)
Naturally, I’m a little bit distracted. For example:
1) I lost a week. A whole week. I discovered this quite by accident when my agent e-mailed me and closed by saying, “Have a nice Thanksgiving.” I read that and got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. Thanksgiving wasn’t for two weeks so why was she saying that? I grabbed my calendar and realized that Thanksgiving was THE NEXT WEEK. I lost a whole week and my book is due December 1st. Crap.
2) I walked around for five minutes after taking a shower looking for my towel and discovered it ON MY HEAD.
3) I noticed that a box of rice was in my cupboard upside down. I fixed that by turning the box over and dumped out half the contents on the floor and all inside the cupboard. Some moron opened the BOTTOM of the box. Sadly, that moron was me.
4) I bruised the heel of my palm. Don’t ask. I’m just brain dead. Note to self—next time, use a mallet and not your hand. Idiot.
5) I had a nightmare that I told my editor I get the new proposal in at the same time as my book. I woke up in a cold sweat and almost threw up before I realized it was a dream. I couldn’t go back to sleep.
To clear my mind, I sometimes visit Distraction Sites like: http://www.thequeerofallmedia.com/shirtlesshotdudes/index9.htm
GRRR, For some reason I couldn’t get a hot fireman picture here!
Okay your turn! Do you do dumb things when you’re distracted? Or is it just me? Do you have any Distraction Sites you’d like to share?