I’m currently revising a huge proposal for my agent, and while I’m struggling with that, I have 1½ other ideas screaming for attention in my brain. It’s too crowded in my head for me to squeeze out a thoughtful blog, so today where going to learn some random things for each other.
And I’m giving away a $15.00 Starbucks gift card to one commenter, so play along!
Here are five random things about me.
1) I prefer to go barefoot at home. In the winter, I wear tennis shoes, but often, I kick off my shoes and end up in my socks. Last year, I managed to break my little toe, just by walking by my husband. I’m not kidding. He was just standing there, I walked by in a hurry to get the manicotti out of the oven, caught my little toe on his tennis shoe and broke it. I have witnesses that saw it happen! And yet, I still go barefoot. My husband has pointed out that if I would JUST WEAR SHOES this wouldn’t happen.
2) I have a tendency to drop stuff and bump into solid objects. The other day, I dropped a sharp knife while chopping vegetables, and did a pretty impressive dance to avoid the knife slicing open my foot. I was fine. Unfortunately, I took about ten years off my husband’s life. When he recovered, he snapped, “Either were shoes or stop dropping knives!”
3) I give advice MUCH better than I actually take it. That’s why I’m barefoot right now, and will still be when I chop up lettuce and tomatoes for tacos tonight. Although, I will seriously try not to drop the knife. I kind of agree with my husband on that one.
4) I’m pretty organized in my life, except when it comes to plotting a book, and writing it. Then I write random notes all over the place, and just sweep it all into my “working drawer.” I can plan a party with methodical precision, the same with a moving to a new house, or most anything. But I have never successfully plotted and written a book in anything resembling an organized manner. I am mystified and frustrated by this on a regular basis.
5) I am also mystified by giraffes. What is their place in the universe? Why are they here? I mean snakes are here to terrorize me and puppies to make me smile. But giraffes? Yeah…that’s a puzzle.
Okay for a chance to win a $15.00 gift card to Starbucks, tell me one random thing about yourself!